Saturday, February 7, 2015

Breaking It Down! - Feb 7th. 2015



On Feb 7th. 2015 the Sharks will host The Carolina Hurricanes and your pal Ian is going to be Breaking It Down!  This is your semi regular officially unofficial game preview post that gives you some quick numbers and my opinions on not only our Sharks but their opponent of the night.

Know Your Team - The San Jose Sharks

Current Record (W-L-OTL): 28-18-7, 63 Points and 2nd in the Pacific Division
Last 10 Games: 6-2-2
Power Play: 21.0% (8th.)
Penalty Kill: 81.9% (14th.)
Current Streak: Won their last game
Notes: The Sharks are currently tied for 18th in the league for even strength goals for.

Know Your Enemy - The Carolina Hurricanes

Current Record: (W-L-OTL): 18-26-7, 43 Points and 8 in the Metropolitan Division
Last 10 Games: 5-2-3
Power Play: 16.3% (24th.)
Penalty Kill: 87.1% (2nd.)
Current Streak: Won their last game
Notes: If the season ended today the Hurricanes would have an 11.5% chance of winning the draft lottery and would draft no lower than 4th.

Ian Breaks Down The Hurricanes:  The Hurricanes are a dumpster fire who are probably sell more assets at the deadline to not only gain draft picks but to give the bottom feeders a run for Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel although getting Noah Hanifin or Lawson Crouse would be a nice consolation prize, this draft is supposedly one of the deeper drafts in a long time and is being compared to 2003 which was a deep draft. What could the Hurricanes trade in their fire sale?  I think it's safe to say that Adnrei Sakera will find a new as his name is brought up more than anyone else in trade rumors. I would not be shocked to see names like Tim Gleason or Jiri Tlusty in play and a long shot could see Cam Ward move if a team needs to make a play for a goalie replacement via injury. Does Eric Staal stay?  I don't know probably too big of a ticket to move (9.25 Million real dollars, 8.25 cap hit) but the Hurricanes are definitely a team looking to the future.  Carolina is playing the last game of its 4 game road trip.  No word on their starting goalie as of this writing.

Ian Breaks Down The Sharks: The frustrating thing about this year is that I'm actually worried about this game despite coming off a very convincing win against the Canucks this is the type of game that the Sharks just tend to lose.  I wish being back on home ice mattered but they have lost to shit teams at home already this year on a few occasions at SAP.  It hasn't been all bad though because I find while maybe not getting support from the veterans the kids seem to get up for the games so if the lineup matches that of the last game in Vancouver I think there is actually hope beyond simply being better than the bull shit results we have had to watch.  Since I just did a huge summary of the last 3 games yesterday there isn't much more to say without cutting and pasting from previous blogs.  Although Niemi has only played the Hurricanes once surrendering 5 goals on 31 shots I don't see Stalock drawing in for this one.  For those wondering Niemi is 22-11-6 with a 2.51 GAA and .915 SV% this season.

A Question! 

Q: Ian you talk a lot of shit about the Sharks and yet you say lots of good things about the fucking Queens, are you really a Sharks fan?  What the fuck? *This has been paraphrased for readability*

A: First, let's make something clear... I hate the fucking Kings.  That said anything I write or just post in conversation comes from what I try to make an objective place, so while nothing would satisfy me more than watching them miss the playoffs I think they are a threat until they are eliminated and dead much like a cockroach.  If you're looking for people to treat them like the Buffalo Sabers there are people in this group that do that, I'm just not one of them

As for shitting on the Sharks I wish you gave me a specific example... I'm a fan of this team I spend a great deal of my free time sitting at my computer doing blogs like this one and commenting in threads.  I think you can be a fan without having to blow rainbows of false optimism out of my ass to prove I'm a fan.  I think the worst thing I do is bring my rainy cloud to the "everything is awesome" posts and I could probably stand to do that less.  I hope this answers your question.

Yes people these are the kinds of crap questions I have been reduced to answering, however you can change this if you have a hockey related question please fire it my way, the e-mail information is below... as you can see no question too stupid.

/sigh

My Prediction: Jesus walks into a bar, gives the bartender a handful of nails and says, "bartender can you put me up for the night?"  Also Sharks lose because... LOL Sharks. (also no Grosenick to bail them out)

Remember if you have a question you would like me to answer in the Breaking It Down blog please e-mail me at ian.blogs.sharks@gmail.com and if you want to read previous blogs please check out http://ianblogssharks.blogspot.ca


What are your thoughts on tonight's game?

No comments:

Post a Comment