Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Feb 17th. 2005



Now it's time for the post that gets undressed faster than the Sharks defense. It's your officially unofficial, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly! Sharks get stoned by Pekka Rinne allow 5 unanswered goals and your pal Ian is going to tell you how he saw it.
The Good: Take a screenshot of this because The Good and Matt Irwin will probably never be together again but you have to hand it to the kid he was great today, finished with a goal and even in the +/- battle. I have liked the way Irwin has played a lot lately the problem is that I don't know if this is Matt Irwin or the one that we want to drown in a box full of kittens is the real one. Personally I try to get something for him or just get rid of him but give the man his due it had a good game. The sharks did have a ton of shots and good opportunities.... and that kids is the good.
The Bad: I don't put this all at Stalocks feet, but I feel like I post this every time he starts, finishing games with a .856 SV% is unacceptable.... that's it. Sure they all were not his fault but a couple were... and before you get on me about Nemo this and that, I have called out Nemo plenty. Save your breath. I just don't understand the reason Stalock was starting tonight instead of a Segin-less Dallas Stars. Special teams took another night off the PK allowed a goal and our PP didn't score it had its chances tough.
The Ugly: The old adage is your best players have to be your best players, and tonight our best players were not, bemoan +/- all you want but it's not Hannan and Irwin that are minuses in this game, its Marc Edouard Vlasic (-3!), Logan Couture, Justin Braun, Melkar Karlsson and Matt Nieto (-2) and Brendan Dillon, Brent Burns, Joe Pavelski, Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton (-1). This team now has a -5 goal differential meaning that this year it has allowed 5 more goals than it has scored. This is a sad state of affairs people.
Final Thoughts: I can go on and whine all night but there is enough of that already. This team needs to get their shit together and fast the road is going to run out and I don't know at this point if their journey gets them off the streets of the regular season and on to the high-way that is the playoffs. I wish I had answers but I don't know what I could offer more at this point that would be something we don't already know.
Remember if you have a question you would like me to answer in the Breaking It Down blog please e-mail me at ian.blogs.sharks@gmail.com, unless you ask I will not post who asked the question so don't worry about how stupid you think the question may be because to me there is no such thing.
If you want to read previous blogs please check outhttp://ianblogssharks.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment